Rivjobs.ng is an initiative of the Rivers State Government. It is aimed at addressing the challenges of employers finding quality talents to recruit and job seekers finding it difficult to get notification of job openings within the State, while also improving the employability level of job seekers through structured training and mentoring. Please read our terms of service below to guide your usage of the portal, if you so desire.
1. The Rivers State Government through all its MDAs and Managers of the Portal does not guarantee job placement to any user.
2. The employers reserve the right to their employment procedures and procedures as regulated by statutory laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
3. The administrators of Rivjobs.ng reserve the right to make changes to these terms or the portal itself without prior notice to users, but all updates to terms and policies shall be published accordingly and your continued usage of the portal will be considered as acceptance of the updated terms by you.
4. The portal contains information from third parties (Employers/Advertisers), and as much as we shall do all we can to verify information and identities, we do not guarantee the authenticity or accuracy of the information published on the portal.
5. As a jobseeker on the portal, you shall be required to provide personal and career related information while creating an account/registering. We advice that you provide only accurate information as any misleading, false, or incorrect information could lead to your ban on the portal and possible criminal prosecution where applicable.
6. Rivjobs.ng and its administrators will not in any way take responsibility for what transpires between jobseekers and employers whether on application, interview, engagement, or any other activity.
7. The portal and its administrators also doesn’t endorse any information in isolation, it is an open platform for all employers and recruiters looking for suitable jobseekers to employ.
8. Undergoing any training on the portal is at the sole discretion of the jobseekers and those who want to build their capacity. Although, vetting shall be conducted on trainers and their proposed content, the portal and its administrators takes no responsibility for what transpires between trainers and trainees. Subscribing to any training whether free or paid is at the discretion of the jobseeker.
9. The portal and its administrators take no responsibility for any of the job vacancies/information published on the portal or through any third party via any means.
10. By accessing and using the portal for any reason, you agree to be of professional conduct when communicating with employers, recruiters, helpdesk, the portal administrators, trainers, and others on the portal. The portal administrators reserve the right to ban you from further usage of the portal, without prior notice, should default in any way to this policy.
11. Notifications via SMS, Emails, Social Media, or any other means is at the discretion of the portal administrators. There is no guarantee as to the amount of or the attendant frequency thereof for notifications to be sent.
12. Notifications are subject to job postings on the portal by employers and recruiters.
13. SMS notifications shall be based on subscription with your preferred Telecommunications Company. The portal and its administrators shall only be facilitating the subscription process and also negotiate discounts, where and if applicable and possible.
14. The portal and its administrators take no responsibility for delivery failure for notifications due to system hitch, network issues, or whatsoever.
15. You have the liberty to redistribute the job postings and training opportunities on the portal or through the notifications received from us, to your personal networks.
16. Job postings on the portal are not deleted upon expiry; the option to apply is only disenabled while the posting remains in the archive.
17. You shall not through any action while using the portal pose a threat to the security of the portal or gain access to data or an account that you are not privy to. Any form of infringement on the portal or an account on the portal by you shall lead to serious sanctions which shall include being banned from the portal and possible criminal prosecution.
18. The administrators of the portal reserve the right to pull down the portal for necessary upgrade or termination, if for reasons best known to them, it becomes necessary to do so.
The terms and policies stated in this section cover all employers and advertisers on the rivjobs.ng portal whether such persons or organizations (as the case may be) have; posted a job ad on the portal, recruited from the portal, only registered on the portal, or merely visited the portal for any reason whatsoever. Your use of the information, resources and services made available on the portal is an indication of your acceptance to comply with the terms, with no reservations whatsoever.
1. Job postings on the portal are not deleted upon expiry; the option to apply is only disenabled while the posting remains in the archive.
2. You are to ensure that every information and job advert you post on the portal, including your recruitment processes, comply with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
3. External links (urls) that redirect to a different website are not allowed, your job advert will be deleted and your account suspended if you violate this policy.
4. You are not allowed to directly or indirectly use the portal to promote anything outside the scope of listing a job vacancy in accordance with the provision of the portal.
5. You must ensure that there is a genuine recruitment process going on, and the portal administrators reserve the right to verify that genuine employment opportunity actually exists.
6. Although, the primary focus of the portal is jobs within Rivers State, you are permitted to post jobs in other cities in Nigeria, but you must ensure that your advert is not fictitious in anyway.
7. You must ensure that you follow the appropriate provision for posting jobs on the portal. You are advised to contact the helpdesk where you are not clear or sure of what to do.
8. Where there is a mistake in your posting due to failure in following the appropriate guidelines, the portal administrators reserve the right to edit or delete any information or posting that doesn’t meet the stated requirements.
9. The portal shall be sending notifications to registered jobseekers on the portal and this makes you liable for any misleading or false information they receive resulting from your job posting on the portal.
10. We do not guarantee in any way that all users of the portal are authentic and we are not liable for any incident that may arise as a result of your engagement with users of this portal.
11. The portal is for the exchange of career related information and we don’t guarantee absolute authenticity for the jobseekers and other users.
12. You have the duty of ensuring that no information or job posting from you is fraudulent or misleading. If you fail to comply with this policy, it could lead to legal actions against you, especially when it comes to our notice or discovered/reported by any other user on the portal.
13. The rivjobs portal and its administrators don’t guarantee that every file or resource accessed through the portal is free of malware. You are responsible for having anti-virus and other measures to keep your devices and gadgets safe as you use the portal.
14. Rivjobs.ng is only a portal to connect job seekers to employers looking to fill positions in their organizations; the administrators take no responsibility for the vetting and verification of users including their CVs.
15. The portal is not responsible for any mistakes whatsoever in your postings.
16. The portal and its administrators give no guarantee that the functionality, features and provisions of the portal will be error free. As a result, the portal and its administrators shall not liable in any way for damage or loss you might suffer due to your usage of the portal.
17. The portal and its administrators give no surety for jobseekers whom you select and invite to your business premises or anywhere else for interview and possible recruitment.
18. The administrators of the portal offer support services to employers who need help with vetting and other recruitment procedures as will be determined on a case by case basis. The support services are for a fee, but not mandatory in any way. It is completely optional and at the discretion of employers.
19. You are obliged to pay for the support services that you require of the consultants working with the administrators of the portal to the extent that the agreement between all parties, and the scope covers.
20. The administrators of Rivjobs.ng reserve the right to make changes to these terms or the portal itself without prior notice to users, but all updates to terms and policies shall be published accordingly and your continued usage of the portal will be considered as acceptance of the updated terms by you.
21. You agree that the job adverts you post alongside other information doesn’t infringe on the rights of any third party.
22. You agree that you will not use any information or provisions of the portal in an unlawful manner, or to cause damage in any way to the portal and its users.
23. If you engage the services of a third party, a consultant or whoever, to act on your behalf on the portal, you are liable for their actions.
24. Whoever registers your organization on the portal represents you and you are liable for the person’s actions. We advice that you ensure that your representative is trusted by you, and if possible, the official contact information of your organization should be used in creating the account
25. You agree at all times to deal with any information or provisions by the portal in a manner that abides with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and every other applicable laws and jurisdiction.
26. You are not permitted to use data mining or any means whatsoever on the portal, or to replicating or extract information from the portal, without a written permission from the portal administrators.
27. You are not permitted to publish any pyramid related scheme on the portal.
28. You are prohibited from requesting any form of payment or fees from job seekers and applicants through your job postings on the portal.
29. You are not allowed to use the portal to recruit users into any other forum, whether electronic or physical (this covers groups on Whatsapp, Telegram, Facebook and beyond).
30. All information and details of any user that you obtain through the portal must strictly be used only in relation to your genuine employment activities.
31. Selling of job opportunities or any product/service is not allowed on the portal, unless approved by the administrators of the portal in writing.
32. The Rivjobs.ng administrators take the protection of users’ data very seriously. If there is any reason to believe that you have misused, or are misusing any jobseeker’s data for any reason whatsoever, we reserve the right to take actions against you which may include and not limited to; banning your account and any other associated account to your actions, involve the law enforcement authorities, and all other measures within the ambit of the law.
33. You agree and authorize the portal to store and retain all applications in response to your job advert on the portal.
34. Although, everything will be done to ensure the consistent availability of the portal, the administrators however reserve the right to carry out routine maintenance on the portal periodically and assures you that such periods will be as brief as possible and not very often.
35. You shall not through any action while using the portal pose a threat to the security of the portal or gain access to data or an account that you are not privy to. Any form of infringement on the portal or an account on the portal by you shall lead to serious sanctions which shall include being banned from the portal and possible criminal prosecution.
36. The administrators of the portal reserve the right to pull down the portal for necessary upgrade or termination, if for reasons best known to them, it becomes necessary to do so.
Please note that users, both job seekers and employers or trainers who are found to have breached or attempted to breach any of the stated policies will be penalized as the administrators of the portal deem fit.
Questions or suggestions arising from this policy should be directed to email@example.com