Rivjobs.ng is an initiative of the Rivers State Government aimed at addressing the challenge of employers finding quality talents to recruit and job seekers finding it difficult to get notification of job openings within the State, while also improving the employability level of job seekers through structured training and mentoring.
The nature of the project requires that personal information of users, especially registered users, will be collected to achieve the set objectives of the project. However, the portal and is administrators consider every information collected as private will not use or share with third parties outside the scope of this project to which the user subscribes by creating an account and using the portal, serving as an indication of acceptance of the stated terms and policies which is published on the website and referenced at the point of creating an account on the portal. Kindly note that this policy applies only to information obtained through the website portal www.rivjobs.ng
1. Rivjobs.ng collects user information through the creation of account, registration and profile update. Other information collected is data and statistics on the portal usage generally. While user information will not be shared with third parties, unless required and consented to, statistical data regarding visits to the site, devices used to access the site and other related information will be shared with the project partners who provide technical support to the improvement, management and development of the portal.
2. The portal and its administrators take serious precaution to secure the information of users by all means necessary. We are guided by global best practices and the stipulated local laws in protecting the personal information you submit to the portal. However, due to the activities of hackers and the likes, we do not give 100% guarantee that your information is secure while being transmitted to or from the portal.
3. Information collected helps the portal to rightly anticipate and understand the needs and desires of its users, in order to improve the functionalities of the portal and also make necessary modifications where and when applicable.
4. Creating an account on the portal is absolutely voluntary and optional, but it is compulsory to be a registered user in order to post or apply for jobs. This requires you to provide certain personal information like email address, phone number, career related information, educational background, and others. Once registration is done, you have access to sign into the portal and we advice that you keep your password private and always log out when you are done.
5. We strongly advice against the transfer of your account or password to any third party, and you take absolute responsibility should a third party, through you, misuse your information or that of any other user on the portal.
6. Users are required to upload their CV to their personal account, to make application processes easier. However, users can opt to delete their CV or not upload at all which will greatly limit their chances at getting a job. Note that the portal has backup system that may retain a CV even after it is deleted, but for a period of time.
7. Registering on the portal automatically makes you an account holder with a personal profile. A job seeker’s profile will contain information such as CV, personal bio-data, educational background, contact information, employment history, other relevant experiences, personal skills and competencies, preferred career sectors and job location, and other vital information.
8. Profile information can always be updated by the account holder.
9. Employers and recruiters through their own account can search for suitable applicants on the portal.
10. You can also choose to opt-out of the portal and its services (which implies that your account will be de-activated) by sending the administrators an email via firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Applying for jobs on the portal is completely free, but you are required to provide all necessary information to the employer or recruiter, so that proper selection can be conducted.
12. Applying for a job on the portal requires that your application information is forwarded to employers and recruiters. Any question or follow-up resulting from your application is to be directed to the employer or recruiter.
13. To optimize the functionalities of the portal, and to gather necessary statistics, the portal has the ability to recognize IP addresses and also place cookies on a user’s device whether mobile or PC. This information is also used with a great deal of discretion by the portal administrators.
14. At the point of updating your user profile, you have the option of subscribing to notification via SMS and/or Emails. Selecting the service gives permission to send relevant news, promotional materials and updates to you, and you have the option of opting-out at any point you so desire.
15. If at any point you desire to opt-out of any aspect of the portal or to exit it completely, you reserve the right to do. Kindly communicate such request to us via email@example.com
16. The administrators of the portal ensure that user privacy is given utmost attention and used only within the context already stated in this policy statement.
17. The portal does not sell or give user information to any third party outside of the stated conditions in this policy statement.
18. The portal administrators based on discretion, makes online applications available to employers and recruiters who are partners on the project. From the moment your application is forwarded to them, the portal takes no responsibility for how they use the information.
19. All employers and recruiters are required to adhere strictly to their obligations and the regulatory laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, but the portal and its administrators does not guarantee compliance on the part of employers and recruiters.
20. Rivjobs.ng and its administrators reserves the right to review this policy at any time it deems necessary, even without prior notice, but will surely communicate such reviews accordingly.
21. Should any review be made to this document, it shall be duly communicated to all users through the available channels such as emails, the policy page on the portal, and all other places deem necessary and applicable.
Please note that users, both job seekers and employers or trainers who are found to have breached or attempted to breach any of the stated policies will be penalized as the administrators of the portal deem fit.
Questions or suggestions arising from this policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org